About Canadian Outback Rafting
Canadian Outback first established its rafting operation in the beautiful Squamish Valley of British Columbia in 1995 on the Elaho, Squamish and Cheakamus Rivers, and most recently expanded to world-class expeditions in Northern BC, the Yukon, and Alaska on the Babine, Skeena, Tatshenshini and Alsek Rivers. Our trips vary from Class 1 and a couple of hours up to Class 4 and up to ten days. Now we are a leader and one of the highest volume rafting companies in Western Canada, CORC strives to be a leader both as an operator and employer in the rafting industry and tourism community.
With the company’s busy pace and growth, our rafting guides get the opportunity to work on multiple varied trips and rivers and receive ongoing training and growth opportunities, all in a fun and rewarding work environment. As an active member of the British Columbia River Outfitters Association (BCROA), and of tourism associations in Vancouver, Squamish, Whistler and the Yukon, Canadian Outback has established itself as a trusted name in adventure tourism in Western Canada.
CORC is looking for senior white-water rafting instructors
Roles and Responsibilities
- Organize and assemble equipment required for each trip
- Technical instruction of lower-level raft guides
- Trip lead commercial tour groups on class 3-4 white water rivers
- Enforce safety rules and regulations on and off the river
- Provide expert level of raft maintenance
- Provide high level of service to clients on and off the river
The Right Fit: We are a leading-edge rafting company looking for someone who shares our core values and displays passion to accomplish our vision.
Our success is derived from a commitment to always be improving both in our professional careers and our personal development. The white-water rafting instructors will report directly to the River Operations Manager and work with the Owner, Reservations Manager, as well as the reservations team to ensure the best possible client experience. If you are up for a busy rafting season, on fun rivers, with a professional atmosphere this could be a good fit for you.
- Advanced First Aid
- Swift Water Rescue
- BCROA Class IV or equivalent
- Fluent in English Contract length: 6 months
- Expected start date: 2022-04-15
- Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
- Salary: From $25.00 per hour