Wage: Starting at $25/hr* (depends on experience)
Benefits: Gratuities, Room and board provided for work duration
About ROAM Adventures
We offer 3-8 day off-the-grid adventures that also include multi-sport activities such as hiking, biking, fishing, kayaking and horseback riding. Our standards for guest services are very high; guides must have a positive attitude, work professionally as a leader and a team player in various group dynamics and adapt to frequently changing environments.
Job posting for the 2022 Summer season June-September. Commission paid for new client bookings/referrals Commuter benefits ROAM Adventures Inc is seeking experienced raft guide instructors/trip-leaders to join our team! Our rafting trips take place on the famous Chilko-Chilcotin-Fraser rivers and include the “lava Canyon” section (longest stretch of commercial whitewater in North America).
Job duties include leading by example and training the following techniques to other guides:
- Guide rafts down remote class III-V whitewater rapids
- Instruction about local history and culture, flora, fauna and geology.
- Gear preparation, maintenance, repair, sustained physical work
- Provide safety briefings and demos, manage large groups of clients, follow emergency and safety protocols, provide first aid and river rescue when necessary, complete required paperwork
- Expedition style cooking, cleaning, teamwork and hospitality
- A minimum of 3 years guiding class IV whitewater is required, expedition experience is preferred and first aid and whitewater rescue certification and/or experience required.
- Additional opportunities: Some on-site training for qualified Canadian applicants